Sunday, October 23, 2005

weather changes

Now that I'm healed up from recent unpleasantness (knee injury followed by some problems in the abdomen), the weather's suddenly gotten rather cold for bicycling. And my cash is tied up enough that I'm not up for a lot of golf expenses.

So I'm thinking of how to adapt.

Last evening, for example, I walked somewhere I'd normally bicycle. Walking is good exercise, and I get some during the workday anyway. This winter I may do more aerobic walking, but we'll see.

I did hit the driving range last Saturday and hit just under 200 balls. Was great upper body work, and I love getting out into nature, even if it's limited at the range.

My buddy Groff recommends that I pick up a magnetic bicycle trainer for the cold weather months. He swears by his, and I'll have to consider it.

This may be the year I finally get a gym membership and start on a more formal training. I hate to blow that kind of dough, but it may be a good call for a while.

Lots of decisions to make about this stuff, because if I don't work on improving my condition, my personal goals will suffer impediment.

No comments: