Sunday, October 02, 2005

THOR (no, not That one)

I haven't been able to get out much lately for cycling, golf, general exploring, etc. After Katrina, my knee was hurt, I had to let a whole bunch of cuts heal, and most of the places I want to explore basically don't exist anymore.

But my healing up has gone well enough so far, and I've been out cycling a few times. Yesterday, however, may have changed things for me somewhat dramatically. Only time will tell, really.

About halfway through a nearly 13-mile ride, this gorgeous dog started keeping pace with us. He trotted along with an obvious limp at easily our average cycling speed. No efforts to encourage him to go home had any effect.

The dog ran over six miles to take up residence at my place. And frankly, I hope he sticks around. Based on the looks of him, I don't think he's received the best of care, although no signs of obvious abuse are evident.

Update: We've now ID'd the dog and had someone return him to his home.

I've been so impressed by my brief experience with this canine that I'm curious what sort of dog might make a good cycling companion.

No comments: