The notion didn't hit us until the afternoon, so the first test ("How hot can we get this water?") was pretty brief. Performance seems impressive so far.
- a cardboard JVC I'Art 27" flat screen TV box
- about 2/3 of an ancient bottle of Elmer's glue & a roughly equal amount of water (way more than we wound up using) spread on the cardboard with a basting brush
- Bell 1-qt jar, spray painted glossy black (because we didn't have any flat black on hand)
- Reynold's Wrap Heavy Duty aluminum foil
- box cutter (aka "utility knife")
- printed copy of instructions (because returning constantly to the web during construction is just impractical)
My brother-in-law is pretty enthused & wants to take a crack at something similar, and I can't blame him. These puppies will be handy for recreation & the next inevitable hurricane.