We spent some time fine tuning my full swing, working on:
- stable knee flex
- rear end up into a more stable position
- ending my backswing when my chin is touched by a certain spot on my left arm/shoulder
Then we moved on to putting for the first time. I gravitate toward a dragon claw grip, which he told me to keep, because it seemed to work just fine when we made a few changes:
- ball position more forward in my stance
- eyes not so far back from the ball
- feet square inside the width of my shoulders instead of so wide
These are just the highlights, of course. We touch on a a variety of points in the lessons, but make it a point not to leave with me having to focus on "the 97 simple steps to ideal ball contact" or anything.
He told me to plan on bringing in at least a 3W & 5W next time.